6 YOU-MUST-KNOW FOR FLAWLESS SKIN // THEFACESHOP Chia Seed by #TGY2016

Have you ever wondered what Chia Seeds is about? Or piqued by everyone’s buzzing about the THEFACESHOP’s chia seed series? Hello...


Have you ever wondered what Chia Seeds is about? Or piqued by everyone’s buzzing about the THEFACESHOP’s chia seed series?

Hello everyone! Today I’ll be sharing my skincare regime, and well as skincare tips that would be a great help towards your goal of having perfectly flawless skin with THEFACESHOP’s Chia Seed Products!

I’m not so much of a health-skin conscious girly girl so I don’t usually take the extra effort to eat my greens daily or hydrate and mask because school usually takes up most of my time but recently, THEFACESHOP’s Chia Seed Products that were sent in by TGY really struck me to put in extra effort to take care and pamper my skin.
I would consider myself an outdoor person than somebody who stays in the mall to shop (honestly I don’t have much interest in shopping because…… I AM JUST LAZY HAHA.)

Before I begin I just want to disclaim that I do not have flawless skin but one of my 2016 goals is to put in more effort towards it, and this is probably going to come true this year thanks to THEFACESHOP. I can't guarantee that it may work for everyone but at least it’s working for me! Just make sure the products you use are right for your skin condition – oily/ dry/ combination.
You won’t want to find products that suck out more natural oil and minerals your skin is already lacking of, and neither would you want to find products that add makes your skin more oily than its before. I used to have a lot of outbreaks when I was younger, but after more frequent pillowcase changing my condition improved slightly, but after using THEFACESHOP’s Chia Seed products my skin improved tremendously.
Chia Seeds is a popular skincare product due to its many beneficial properties, and here are some fun facts about them!
1.    Chia seeds are great for consumption, and they are known to provide nutrition and moisture to the skin. This power seed has the ability to absorb 10x its weight in water!!!! It has 6x more calcium than milk, more iron than spinach, more antioxidants than blueberries, 8x more essential fatty oil than salmon, 15x more magnesium than broccoli and also Vitamin ABCDE!! I have 0 doubts in its ability to retain moisture in my skin and allow it to be cushioned with a higher hydration level!
2.    Chia seeds originate from central and southern Mexico and Guatemala and it was used as emergency SUPERFOOD for Aztec Warriors and Chia Seeds were so valuable that it was used as a form of money??!!!!
3.    Chia Seeds can live in very dry environment
I've always been very sceptical about skincare products because of my sensitive skin so as much as I could, I would avoid using anything besides face wash. My skin is hypersensitive that I actually get rashes from CCA/ PE lessons under the sun or a class day out at the beach!
Like I said, I’m so lazy to take care of my skin, so most of the time my friends would be the one’s nagging at me to take care of my skin, if you’re following my Instagram, you’ll know about my friend Clara!! She’s the one who motivated and encourages me constantly to take care of my skin, and I remember those days in secondary school where acne hit me
like a truck :( !!!
And she would constantly remind me to wash my face frequently and write skincare routines for me in my diaries as I sat there crying and looking at other people’s flawless face.

I don’t deny that I still do not have flawless skin, but after years of trying, I do see some improvement as compared to year before, so here’s a skincare routine from a lazy girl who does the minimal for the best skin and I hope it helps you in one way or another! They’re in sequence btw!
I usually do this once a week on the weekends, but those with * are things I do every day!

1.    NEVER SLEEP IN YOUR MAKEUP* - sleeping with your makeup on is the ultimate skincare sin.
Even if you’re exhausted from a day’s work or home barely sober, do yourself a favour to remove your makeup before you sleep, no matter how light the makeup may be. 
2.    WASH YOUR FACE FREQUENTLY*
Gauge the right number of times you need to wash your face with a cleanser. For me it’s once a day, and some of my friends don’t even wash their face with cleanser at all?!?!?!!? For guys, they usually wash 2-3 times a day, because their skin can get really oily when they’re under the sun.

The Chia Seed Cleansing Foam has a pretty dense texture that quickly melts into a runny consistency, which I really like! Not only that, it smells pretty good unlike others I used before, which really motivated me to wash my face more often! I used to face products that seems to dry my skin as if all my skin’s minerals and natural oils were removed in one wash, and within 2hours its oily all over again, but
THEFACESHOP’s Chia Seed Cleansing Foam, known for its hydration, leaves my skin soft and hydrated even after the wash, keeping it smooth and moisturised with the right amount of natural oil retained! (you can really feel it, trust me)

Use gentle, circular motions with your fingers to massage and cleanse because it is believed that massaging the face increases circulation, which equals brighter skin! J wash with lukewarm water, washing your face with hot water and rinsing with cold water to open and close the pores IS A MYTH, Pores are not temperature-sensitive.

1.    Cleanse Before and After Workouts* - you should know that you need to wash your face after your workout, but you probably didn’t know that sweating opens up the pores, thus creating the perfect-storm opportunity for bacteria to get into your skin and cause future break out!
2.    Use the TONER.*
Toners are literally the most helpful for people with oily and acne-prone skin, or for people who wear makeup and sunscreen!
Here’s some benefits of toners, and from this, enough said.
THEFACESHOP’s also has its Chia Seed No Shine Hydrating Water that’s alcohol-free! The packaging is really cute and minimalistic, and I really like it!

1.    The Serum
Serum activates your skin cells to absorb better, therefore boosting the effects of all your skincare products! The Chia Seed Moisture recharge Serum also gives my skin the right amount of hydration, thus I would definitely recommend it! My skin did feel more hydrated and smooth after I added it to my skincare routine, it might seem unnecessary and cumbersome but I promise it’s worth it. The serum is a clear watery gel type texture and applies very coolly. The scent is light and fresh, similar to the rest of the chia seed line at THEFACESHOP. The lotion is of a light consistency and thus absorbs rather quickly with no stickiness and leaves a pretty smooth feeling.

1.    Always Moisturize – its counterintuitive but moisturising your skin actually keeps your oil levels in check, and oily skin is actually a result of dry skin! Hydrating your skin is an important step in maintaining the overall health of your face regardless of your skin type!

If you have oily skin, use gel or lotion-based moisturizer. If you have dry skin, use creamy moisturizers. If you’re in-between, use light, acid-free lotions!
  
AND OF COURSE ALWAYS ALWAYS PUT SUNBLOCK EVERYDAY NO MATTER HOW SHADY THE DAY SEEMS BECAUSE UV IS ALWAYS THERE!!! 

 8 Reasons Why You Should Buy The Chia Seed Products from THEFACESHOP



1.    It contains 100% chia seed extract instead of water
2.    It is a premium eco-friendly cosmetic made from miraculous seed “Chia Seed Sprout” from South America which is known to nourish and moisturize skin (thus it is definitely suitable for everyone who is interested in eco-friendly products!)
3.    Uses organic chia seeds with fresh extraction method within 24 hours
4.    A moisture hug system
5.    Formula without 7 additives (paraben, benzophenone, articificial anti-oidant, alcohol, sulphate, acrylamide, and triethenolamine)
6.    Dermtologisted tested.
7.    GMO- FREE
8.    You won't regret, trust me!



I'm honestly not somebody who puts in a lot of effort to take care of my skin, but I pledge to become better as of now so lets do it together!! #PEIMPERMYSKIN2K16 if you're in to put sunblock everyday and follow the skincare routine religiously on your various social media accounts so I can see how this has changed your life? :) and I promise I'll upload again soon and share with you guys the difference in my skin after a really long while!
 That’s all from me, till the next time!
Instagram // s.hipei
Tweet // shipeix
Snapchat // bubblesaurzxc
#TeenageGorgeousYou 
#TGY2016 
#TeenageMagazine
 #thefaceshopsg 
#tfssgxgorgeousyou 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured post

Singapore Coffee Festival 2016

...